Euroshore was founded in 1998 and now has members in Belgium, Gibraltar, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Estonia, Malta, Nigeria, the Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, Romania, Turkey and the United Kingdom.
The main objective of the Association is to promote and further the interests of companies that are active in the area of ships waste management.
- To promote the use of its members port reception facilities
- To promote the efficient and environmentally sound disposal of ships waste
- To promote relevant international policy, procedures and standards of competence for the collection and processing of ships waste
- To promote healthy and fair competition. Past activity has seen the Association closely involved in the development and implementation of the European Directive (2000/59/EC) on Port receptions facilities for ship-generated waste and cargo-residues
This monitoring, reviewing and constructive process of dialogue both at the international and regional level enables Euroshore members to be properly informed and to support their ability to provide the shipping industry with adequate and environmentally sound waste management services.
Past activity has seen the Association closely involved in the development and implementation of the European Directive (2000/59/EC) on Port receptions facilities for ship-generated waste and cargo-residues.
- EUROSHORE promotes the best procedures and standards applicable in waste management in relation to the maritime industry;
- EUROSHORE members shall comply with the relevant international and national legislation;
- The use of the Port Reception Facilities of EUROSHORE Members, is a guarantee of efficient and sound environmental performance;
- In order to support the law enforcement, EUROSHORE will participate actively in the improvement of any applicable legal framework, at both regional or international level.
- EUROSHORE promotes fair competition and support all initiatives towards a transparent fee system.
- EUROSHORE commits to support the preservation of natural resources and the principles of circular economy by handling the waste in safe and sustainable procedures.